2020/09/05 - At the Drive Inn - Seat Geek Stadium - Bridgeview, IL

Same. We booked it right out of there. Looked like it could’ve been a giant clusterfuck

1 Like

Yeah we booked at the end section of remind me, cause if we were gonna get something else it woulda been an end junk. So glad we did, I was pretty worried for getting out

1 Like

Putting the ending of JaJunk after Remind Me is the most redundant thing ever. Glad they cut that. Don’t mind one bit if they leave it unfinished.

3 Likes

Agreed, but they’ll prob finish it tonight. Had fun last night. Was great to have something back that I’ve started taking for granted for some time now.

Wish I was going again tonight, but I’m content just to have been there for the 1st show ‘back’.

We had the car packed up aside from 1 cooler, then left w/in a couple mins. We were out of the lot in 5 mins or less.

Have fun, be safe & continue being respectful fans. I saw too much litter left behind, which isn’t a good look, but otherwise it all seemed mostly positive. Hopefully we will have more of these soon, if rumors are true.

1 Like

I’m also gonna miss tonight…little one got sick today so I’m probably going to stream from the couch. I’m sure it will be a Joel setlist throwdown

1 Like

Listening Guide:

For more information on this guide, to discuss its accuracy, or to make your own guide, check out this topic: Umphreys Live Listening Guide - A Community Project

4 Likes

Cool to hear Seasons with a jam. Next time they should leave it unfinished so Jake doesn’t have to play a solo on it.

1 Like

It was so bad. How does he still not know how to solo over that?

I’ve only cheery picked from the two shows, but Seasons was the best jam that I heard, albeit a little short.

I know I’m asking for it here so flame away, but I’m curious, why do people hate on Roctopus so much?

What is this jam in MFF?

Probably 80% of the hate is because of the name.

3 Likes

It sounds like 3 different songs horribly thrown together too.

5 Likes

Totally agree that the name warrants the hate.

Agreed. Poorly constructed lego song

2 Likes

This. Tbh would be addition by subtraction getting rid of the lame AC/DC riff

4 Likes

They seemed to really start playing it more after they released Nether too, which is strange considering both songs share a section. That annoys me, I always just want them to go into Nether every time I catch one live

1 Like

All these guys nailed it. That main riff is AC/DC cheesiness to the 100th degree. The other parts of the song are cool but just don’t fit together very well.

1 Like

Every time they think of playing Roctopus they should just play ETI instead

4 Likes

You ever think about how ETI deviates so much from the BOC version?

8 Likes