2019/12/31 - The Fillmore - Denver, CO

Unbelievable set. Song selection was out of control. Like an extra rarity set. And that Phil’s, I might have to listen back but that was absolutely in the running for JOTY. H&S is a song I never expected to see. Night Nurse jam was pretty hot too and Bad Friday was short but had a great peak. To catch all of those songs and such great jamming on NYE is an absolute dream

1 Like

Was Snucka kind of reworked?

Got back from The Strokes in time to watch this 3rd set and be jealous

Fantastic Negrito damn that’s dope

Phils very well might’ve been the jam of the run outside of Ringo. Tonight was a lot of fun. 13 Days and H&S were great bustouts and fuck yeah Jamiroquai.

Outside of Ringo easily the highlight. One of my favorite things from this year tbh. Just so good. Great show. Dick In A Box was really fun to catch

Cannot wait to listen back to that Phil’s. That scrambled me.

Haven’t seen Snucka in a long time. That song is just absolutely ridiculous in every possible way. Fuckin Umphrey’s. Happy New Year.

1 Like

Love to see another Jamiraquai cover pop up.

Huge Phil’s but not top 20 JOTY for me.

Enjoyed the new tune, very funky Bowie ish groove, also a little in the vein of IDM. Not sure about the vox though.

Nevermind. Read in another thread that the FB post was in reference to 4 unique sets sprinkled throughout the run which did occur. Pretty cool that UM is still trying new things to keep fans on their toes 20+ years in.

Damn. Need to listen back. In the moment it was fiiilthy.

On relisten I still really love this jam. I can see why it might not be top shelf for some people, as the funk part can be a little generic for a few minutes but man the beginning and the second funk section and the big peak out of nowhere are so cool.

Also not sure if it’ll translate to tape but the AIT jam into ALS was an absolutely massive wave of energy. The room was completely blowing up. One of the most high crowd energy moments of UM I can remember.

1 Like

100% agree. AIT peak into ALS was serious heat. Absolutely loved it.

I 100% feel like ive heard the beginning of the vocal melody to Suxity somewhere before and not in an UM jam/song. But I just cant put my finger on it right now.

Myers does a great JK in Alright. He sounds pretty damn awesome for that tune

edit: nope was definitely an UM tune. It’s Fresh Start off of tBH

Sounds like I gotta listen to this run.

Same here. Started listening to that Ringo, only got about 1/2 way through. This NYE show though looks tight. Also had no idea that Bowie song was called Modern Love, what a great cover choice…fuckin UM’d

Didn’t watch last night, did the entire show get put up?
Thinking about watching.

Was Jake playing kickstart my heart at the start of the Phils jam?? I was listening in the gym yesterday and I swore that’s what I heard

tbh I think this Phil’s is just ok. A great example of a really long jam not really going anywhere. My favorite part was the section with the BB lead before the second funk section.

Phil’s is damn good. Not in my top 5 JOTY, but easily top 10. Not a doubt in my mind that it will end up on 2019 HOF, based on the visibility of the NYE run and the amount of attendees.