2019/12/31 - The Fillmore - Denver, CO

Agreed with this. Bayliss is crushing it but they drop out of that build too early and awkwardly. Still a really good jam but just not that amazed by it.

It sure is different… little slower, real laid back vocals might be differently arranged?

Y’all are crazy. Jam is excellent throughout. I was there so I have to fluff it.

1 Like

Yeah, wow that shit is wild. Just a hugely extended peak and when the horns come in, hell yeah

Yeah, this AiT crushes. They were holding out to peak it for the countdown so it just kept building and building! UM does a really good job of continually turning up the gear in their peaks where other bands plateau and don’t have another gear to go to. UM always finds one.

Listening Guide Below:

More information on this Listening Guide: Umphreys Live Listening Guide - A Community Project

1 Like

Shouldn’t Women, Wine, and Song be noted as a separate song (not as a cover within Night Nurse)?

really enjoyed the phil’s and AIT in person but just listened back to both and neither really hold up.

need to check out the rest of this run but so far besides the ringo there aren’t any top tier jams going in the boner jams compilation

@chicagostylehotdog I only did this because at the time Nugs hadn’t separated them. Now that Nugs is updated I’ll change it.

Yeah, it was nice to hear Joel take the lead for a bit there.

Suxity is really growing on me the more I listen to it. Some of the vox remind me of Alex’s House, but overall love the funky feel. I think this one will be really great moving forward.

Need to give Suckcity another spin. Thought it was a super weird move at the time to debut a new original right after ALS with balloons popping all throughout the venue. Couldn’t hear the song very well live.

Also just remembered getting trolled pretty hard by multiple homies when i didn’t immediately recognize 13 days… i guess i deserved that lol

1 Like

I really dig the main riff/funk chords of Suxity, but thass bout it.

Listening Guide 2.0 (updated to seperate WWS from Night Nurse per the updated, accurate, nugs.net tracks)

Like half of the metal section in Phil’s (starting around 3:20) uses the main riff from Stand Up and Shout by Dio.

I’ve been hoping someone would identify it. It was too good to be original lol

Bumping this show because this was the last normal time for me lol. I think I’ve only seen like 3-4 shows since this one despite doing 20 in 2019.

I really like this second set though. Cool song selection(Mitten, 13 Days, Night Nurse and H&S in one set is actually crazy), and despite having horns there’s still some improv to latch onto. I remember really liking the Phil’s jam.

1 Like

At least it was a great yeah for UM. Rather burn out than fadeaway, baby!

I wish I could be perpetually in 2019. From an UM perspective and overall life perspective

1 Like

Yeah still my favorite year of UM post 2011. Glad to have caught some serious heaters.

1 Like