2022/07/23 - Horning's Hideout - North Plains, OR

07/23/2022 - Horning’s Hideout - North Plains, OR

Set 1: In The Kitchen [1] > 2nd Self [1], New Wings [1] > Nothing Too Fancy [1] > Resolution {1] > In the Kitchen [1], Booth Love, Miss Tinkle’s Overture

Set 2: Hurt Bird Bath, Puppet String [3] > Small Strides > Phil’s Farm > Can’t You See [4]

Encore: Baba O’Riley [5]

[1] Jake and Brendan on acoustics
[2] Jake and Brendan on acoustics; with Norwegian Wood (This Bird Has Flown) (The Beatles) jam
[3] with Jenn Hartswick on trumpet and It’s About That Time jam
[4] with Paul Hoffman (Greensky Bluegrass) on mandolin and vocals
[5] with Allie Kral (Yonder Mountain String Band) on fiddle

4 Likes

Excited to hear Reso, Tinkle’s, HBB, Small Strides, and Phil’s

Acoustic reso?? Love to see the 5 song second set

1 Like

That 2nd set has the makings of a fun time.

3 Likes

Cool to see them mix up the acoustic set a little bit. Seeing some stuff I wouldn’t have ever expected to be played in an acoustic set.

4 Likes

B4L

21 Likes

Major ooofff

1 Like

The amount of songs crossed out is a good sign at least

I was half expecting a 30db song to pop up in the acoustic set.

2 Likes

That setlist is criminal. Whoever wrote that should be ashamed of themselves and banned from writing setlists for the foreseeable future.

2 Likes

Oh look, it’s the same 7 songs that rotate through every single acoustic set.

5 Likes

I tried to stay awake for this and then realized they weren’t coming on until 12:30 CST so I went to bed. That’s all…

Uncle Wally and Great American getting cut is lame though. Two of the best acoustic songs.

And electric set looks pretty weak. Thought they might give the last NWSS more love.

2 Likes

I was incredibly bummed to miss UM and to have never seen a show at Horning’s.

After the looks of this setlist, FOMO is very low.

1 Like

The real crime here is the Digidesign D Show. Where are the Midas Pro X’s brah?

2 Likes

Avid makes good consoles imo but that thing is pretty outdated. My roomate runs the audio department at Brooklyn bowl and they just got 2 new S6L, he says they are his favorite counsols he had mixed on. Then agian im a lighting guy so my knowledge on digital audio is pretty limited.

2 Likes

I like Avis’s S6 series, especially paired with protools now that it’s powered by Avid. It makes for a pretty seamless interface. I like the D shows, it was the first “live console” I ever learned, but yeah they’re definitely outdated. I assume um was using rental gear for a one off festival gig, hence the lack of their midas consoles

1 Like

Definitely rental gear. I ran a show on a Profile for the first time in like 5 years this weekend and man I just find them so clunky. I know people have a hard a hard time with the Midas Pro Series stuff, and I kinda agree that they’re not great for venue boards, but once you get past the learning curve the workflow is so nice

I’ve honestly never gotten beyond the m32 and my live mixing experience is basically zero, but I am a Chris Mitchell fanboy so I like whatever he likes.

1 Like

I’ve heard the patching is confusing (never had to set one up from scratch myself) and that the customizable/assignable buttons can be a pain if you’re not using it for the same band every day, but when they’re set up to use for a specific band it’s amazing. I also love the M/X32. Probably my favorite of the 32 channel sub-pro boards, but I guess the main challenger is the A&H stuff and I’ve never really been a fan.

1 Like

I like the m/x32’s from my little experience. Gonna start doing FOH mixes for some EDM shows starting here soon and the venue has a x32. Gonna have to watch some YouTube videos to re-familiarize myself with the interface and work flow. Luckily there isn’t much to do as far as mixing goes with EDM music

1 Like