2021/05/08 - Westville Music Bowl - New Haven, CT

Holy crap I don’t think I’ve ever seen an UM show so undersold. I know social distancing is a thing obviously but no way this show sold even half of their available tickets

1 Like

Show started at 7 and that’s probably during the first song. Friday felt empty but Saturday was pretty full. Looked close to sold out based on the ticket map before the show.

3 Likes

These shows bringing some high energy, Good jams and the flow. :sunny::sunny::sunny::sunny:

8 Likes

Yeah i saw pics from both nights with more than double the amount in that pic

1 Like

Bort starts fluffing UM, Cshore starts hating. Tide goes in…

11 Likes

Listening Guide:

For more information on this guide, or to make your own check out this topic: Umphreys Live Listening Guide - A Community Project

3 Likes

Fun show overall, lot of energy. Highlight for me was the Ringo, which even though it had a B section I wasn’t a huge fan of, the A and C sections were so good it brought it up a lot. The Mantis with Stranglehold teases (@jwelsh8 ATU says Cat Scratch Fever right now) is really fun, and the 2x2 is really good but could have kept going imo…I’d have even taken a standardtown Silent if it meant that 2x2 had another 5+min

2 Likes

2x2, Mantis and Ringo were all great.

2 Likes

I took today off partially because I’m tired and have post show depression but mainly because my neck is fucked from headbanging too hard during Outshined.

Really want to go get disappointed in Chicago this wknd

2 Likes

Still hungover from late night/early morning dash borting?

2 Likes

But yes

2 Likes

Really liked that Ringo. Excellent version, easily the highlight of the show.

4 Likes

They were with 100 of a sell-out on Saturday.

2 Likes

Don’t get me wrong, I love a greasy animal filled GA pit. That’s how it should be. However, having a ton of room to dance was fun this weekend…

2 Likes

Really digging this 2x2 top to bottom

3 Likes

Especially Bayliss

2 Likes

Absolutely love what he’s doing underneath Jake’s leads

1 Like

It’s all that I’ve listened to so far but the last section is really glorious uplifting UM

3 Likes

Reminds me of a BTL jam or something. I like it

3 Likes

The second set through the end of the encore was borderline overwhelming. Still riding that high.

Edit: “Overwhelming” for me would be something like the 2/18/11 Robot World or the 12/31/12 Higgins. I think those would have rendered me unconscious if I was at those shows.

1 Like